Primary Purpose & Essential Job Duties
The Test Engineer reports directly to the Director of Business and Product Development. The Test Engineer is expected to engage early in the development cycle and is responsible for designing and implementing automated tests of software applications for use in a regulated environment. The essential job duties include:
- Lead automated test development and expansion
- Maintains existing and designs new tools to support automated testing framework
- Participate in agile software development life cycle to guarantee adherence of test coverage for meeting end user requirements and product design
- Create, maintain, and execute comprehensive test plans and automated test cases based on an analysis of the requirements, user stories and technical design specifications
- Maintains test repository for multiple web applications
- Interact directly with development staff to provide feedback on new or existing features while focusing on optimizing product quality
- Develop and execute test automation through Cucumber, Java and software test tools
- Identify, document and investigate test case failures and verify development fixes
- Set up and maintain a library of configurations for automated testing tools
- Maintain test documentation in accordance with approved policies and procedures
- Assist in preparation and analysis of quality metrics including deviations and non-conformances.
Other Job Duties
The Test Engineer may assist Device Quality Assurance Specialists and Software Engineers with other testing and quality assurance duties as required, including test planning, protocol creation and execution of manual tests.
The Test Engineer may assist Technical Support in investigating client issues with distributed products.
This position will participate with other staff members to contribute to and support the corporate goals, business plan, standard operating procedures and Corporate Quality Policy, and thus requires personal and professional integrity and work ethics. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in testing software applications, preferably in a regulated environment.
- Experience implementing, configuring and operating automated test tools and procedures
- Experience with the following languages and tools:
- Cucumber, Selenium, Jira, Java, SQL, Jenkins CI/CD pipeline or similar
- Preferred experience with the following languages and tools:
- Xray, Tortoise SVN
- Must be self-starter and detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to discuss product flaws in a constructive and positive manner.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Cloud Service Provider AWS preferred.
A BA/BS in computer science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional relevant experience above the minimum may be accepted in lieu of education.