The Technical Support Specialist reports to the Technical Support Manager. The primary responsibility of this position is the support of clients through a centralized support services model.
Essential job duties and responsibilities
- Provide high quality support by addressing inbound client questions and concerns associated with BBCS software.
- Clearly define client needs and document client information and nature of problem or issue.
- Prioritize and escalate support issues as necessary.
- Confer with other teams and departments on escalated client issues.
- Ensure appropriate resolution in a timely manner.
- Assist in developing and providing reporting and evaluation of technical support metrics including time to resolution, call volumes, and client satisfaction reports on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrate a high level of understanding of the technical aspects of BBCS products, services, training materials and documentation.
- Perform client training, on-site or via webinar.
Additional responsibilities include supporting other department objectives and performing other duties as determined by the Manager.
Other job duties
As an employee within BBCS, this position will participate with the other staff members to contribute to and support the corporate goals, business plan, standard operating procedures and Corporate Quality Policy, and thus requires personal and professional integrity and work ethics. This position could involve travel to client locations as well as trade shows.
Qualifications and experience
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including excellent telephone skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and function in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand new technologies quickly.
- A working knowledge of software documentation from both a user and developer perspective.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks related to project timelines.
- Experience working in a software development environment, regulatory, medical device or experience with QA testing.
- Experience with AS/400 and SQL are a plus.
- Experience with healthcare and/or regulated industry
- A BA/BS or equivalent healthcare industry experience.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.