The Full-Stack Software Developer reports directly to the Software Development Manager and is responsible for investigating and presenting emerging technologies, identifying new product opportunities, establishing parameters for product development and design, analyzing complex software development requirements, and designing and preparing complex detailed specifications, based on regulated procedures, from which programs will be written or enhanced to meet specified needs.
Essential job duties and responsibilities
- Participates as a critical team member in sprint teams using Jira tools and code repositories.
- Develops, maintains and modifies existing applications: self-directed with guidance from senior staff members.
- Designs and codes applications/interfaces following specifications using the appropriate tools and adhering to established methodology and standards.
- Creates and maintains regulated documentation including specifications for moderately complex software programming applications.
- Creates and conducts unit testing of new and modified applications.
- Participates in code reviews and approvals to ensure sprint work adheres to established standards and specifications.
- Performs custom programming using client and internal user stories and acceptance criteria to meet established requirements and stakeholder approval.
- Analyzes and documents product anomaly investigation and reviews enhancement requests.
Other job duties
This position will participate with other staff members to contribute to and support the corporate goals, business plan, standard operating procedures and Corporate Quality Policy, and thus requires personal and professional integrity and work ethics. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and experience
- 4+ years of experience in full stack development with core competencies in Java, algorithm design and implementation. Object-oriented design principles and patterns. Must have a working knowledge of APIs, modern web frameworks and relational databases.
- Working knowledge of Agile methodology desirable.
- Working knowledge of JIRA, Confluence desirable.
- A regulatory, medical device or healthcare background desirable.
- A BA/BS in computer science or related field or equivalent.
- Additional relevant experience above the minimum may be accepted in lieu of education.
Please email your resume and application to our HR Department.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.