Primary Purpose & Essential Job Duties:
The Technical Support Specialist I reports to the Director of Client Services. The primary responsibility of this position is the support of clients through a centralized support services model. The role’s essential Job Duties are as follows:
- Provide high quality support by addressing inbound client questions and concerns associated with BBCS software.
- Clearly define client needs and document client information and nature of problem or issue.
- Prioritize and escalate support issues as necessary.
- Confer with other teams and departments on escalated client issues.
- Ensure appropriate resolution in a timely matter.
- Assist in developing and providing reporting and evaluation of technical support metrics including time to resolution, call volumes, and client satisfaction reports on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrate a high level of understanding of the technical aspects of BBCS products, services, training materials and documentation.
- Assist in daily IT related tasks.
- Assist in continued development of BBCS internal dashboarding tools.
Additional responsibilities include supporting other department objectives and performing other duties as determined by the Manager.
Other Job Duties:
As an employee within our company, this position will participate with other staff members to contribute to and support the corporate goals, business plan, Standard Operating Procedures and Corporate Quality Policy, and thus requires personal and professional integrity and work ethics.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong oral and written communication skills including excellent telephone skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and function in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand new technologies quickly.
- A working knowledge of software documentation from both a user and developer perspective.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks related to project timelines.
- Experience working in a software development environment, regulatory, medical device or experience with QA testing.
- Experience with Server administration tasks.
- A BA/BS or equivalent healthcare industry experience.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.