Primary Purpose & Essential Job Duties
The Software Engineer reports directly to the Director of Business and Product Development and is responsible for investigating and presenting emerging technologies, establishing parameters for product development and design, analyzing complex software development requirements, and designing and preparing complex detailed specifications, based on regulated procedures, from which programs will be written or enhanced to meet specified needs. The essential job duties include:
- Develops, maintains and modifies design for core suite of applications: self-directed with guidance from senior staff members.
- Designs new applications/interfaces following specifications adhering to established methodology and standards.
- Creates and maintains regulated documentation including design specifications for moderately complex software programming applications.
- Participates as a critical team member in sprint teams using Jira tools and code repositories.
- Collaborates with team and stakeholders gaining design acceptance using client and internal user stories and acceptance criteria to meet established requirements and stakeholder approval.
- Participates in code reviews and approvals to ensure sprint work adheres to established standards and specifications.
- Analyzes and documents data analysis, product anomaly investigations.
- Reviews enhancement requests for sizing and project scope.
- Supports the application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support).
- Participate in planning and scoping meetings for future projects using Scrum methodology.
- Work cross functionally to identify and resolve complex issues effectively.
Other Job Duties
- This position will participate with other staff members to contribute to and support the corporate goals, business plan, standard operating procedures and Corporate Quality Policy, and thus requires personal and professional integrity and work ethics. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3 + Years of experience. Must have working knowledge of Core java and OO designs and patterns, understanding of relational databases and modern web frameworks to include the following:
- Relational Databases: DB2, MySQL, NOSQL, MongoDB
- Frameworks: Soap/Rest, Spring
- Nice to Haves: Ajax, Docker, SaaS deployment, Unix
- Strong commitment to quality and ability to work closely and communicate effectively with developers and product managers and customer stakeholders. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly Desirable: Passion for learning new technologies, working knowledge of Agile methodology, a regulatory, medical device or healthcare background.
- A BA/BS in computer science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Additional relevant experience above the minimum may be accepted in lieu of education.
Blood Bank Computer Systems, Inc. (BBCS) is located in Auburn, WA with a mission to serve the health care industry around the country through integrated technologies and unwavering support solutions. BBCS currently supports the blood and tissue industry in 18 states.
BBCS is looking for positive, passionate people to join our team. We offer competitive benefit packages including: Health Benefits, Profit Sharing, 401k matching, Paid Time Off, and the employee favorite half day Fridays during the summer.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.