The Software Development Manager reports directly to the Director of Product and Business Development and is responsible for all aspects of Software Development, whose primary responsibility is to ensure the applications are designed and developed to meet the high-quality standards of BBCS.
Essential job duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that product design meets the documented requirements and quality commitments of the organization
- Support product quality by ensuring that developed components meet design specifications and standards
- Provide vision, goals and objectives that will support the directive of the development team and the organization
- Champion an environment of quality product development following documented and regulated procedures
- Supervise Software Development staff and Research & Development staff with sprint management, employee annual reviews, team building, and priority management
- Promote continual improvement through analyzing gaps in process/procedures, providing prompt resolution and bringing automation to the SDLC process where applicable.
- Become a knowledgeable resource with regard to all BBCS applications.
- Assess project schedules, tasks and resources to ensure the development team is staffed appropriately and expectations are managed
- Track and report on product development, including costs, timeline, status and resource allocations and needs
This position is expected to be primarily self-directed, and shall support departments by continuously evaluating areas for improvement within the development process.
Additional responsibilities include performing product deviation analysis, complaint/issue review processing, reviewing enhancement requests, and assisting with design as needed. Perform other duties as determined by the Director of Product and Business Development.
Other job duties
As a manager within BBCS, this position will participate with the other staff members and departments to contribute to and support the corporate goals, business plan, standard operating procedures and Corporate Quality Policy, and thus requires personal and professional integrity and work ethics.
Qualifications and experience
Required: Must have 3 to 4 years of hands on software development experience. Experience and working knowledge of software development methods and procedures. Experience with multiple programming languages Agile methodology, Windows, and relational databases.
Desired: 1 year of management or supervisory experience. Experience with cloud deployment. Experience in establishing and writing methods and standard operating procedures related to the software development life cycle. A regulatory or medical device background.
A BS degree or equivalent and 3 to 4 years’ experience in a software development environment.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.