The Bookkeeper/Office Manager reports to the Vice President. The primary responsibility of this position is to compute, classify and record financial transactions to ensure the financial records of the organization are accurate.
Essential job duties and responsibilities
- Sales invoicing and accounts receivable management to include collections.
- Codes incoming invoices and creates check run for approval by CFO to pay within terms.
- General Journal entries to record payroll.
- Miscellaneous payment entries to record expenses not paid by check.
- Receives, records and deposits checks.
- Reconciles bank and credit card accounts.
- Petty cash management.
- Supports and maintains budget reporting.
- State tax preparation and filing for both B&O and WA L&I.
- Ensure all corporate licenses are filed for and kept current.
- Prepare internal financial statements for review by Owners.
- Maintain Inventory Item pricing.
Other job duties
This position will also be responsible for managing the day-to-day office operations to include answering phones, office maintenance, supply ordering and mail processing.
This position will participate with the other staff members to contribute to and support the corporate goals, business plan, standard operating procedures and Corporate Quality Policy, and thus requires personal and professional integrity and work ethics.
Qualifications and experience
- Ability to work independently and manage time and priorities.
- Ability to communicate to audiences both oral and written.
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information.
- Experience using Sage Peachtree accounting application.
- A BS degree in Business Administration or related area and/or equivalent job-related experience.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.